Sustainability at DFB
At DFB we are serious about sustainability. It’s better for you, better for us, better for the planet, and better looking. The following is a list of our current practices, and we’re always looking for ways to improve.
- DFB’s entire product line is locally manufactured in Long Island City, NY.
- Sol-R-Shades® reduce heat gain, which decreases the amount of energy required to cool an environment.
- By using QS low voltage automated shades, you can reduce daytime lighting energy by 65% or more.
- Our G-Series Sol-R-Control line of fabrics is all OekoTex® Standard 100 certified and meets low emissions standards.
- Our Sol-R-Shade® Rollease clutches have 25% recycled material. Of the 25% recycled content, 100% is postindustrial and 0% is postconsumer.
- DFB’s Belgian Shade® Contract line is PVC free. Even better, they weigh 50% less than typical solar screen fabrics with the same openness, allowing for easier shade operation and greatly reducing the impact on the environment.
- Vitruv is low emitting, seamless, easy to maintain or repair, and may often contribute toward points for LEED certification.
- DFB’s Quiet-Core™ substrate is formaldehyde free, eliminating a pungent smell that results from the incomplete combustion of carbon-containing materials.
- DFB uses Mi-Core™ for tackable substrates on fabric panels. Its inorganic mineral fibers resist moisture to minimize expansion and warping. It provides very low VOC emissions per ASTM D5116-97.
- DFB has submitted our Durable Applied Surfaces to Rochester Institute of Technology’s Sustainable Research Center. RIT has evaluated our Durable Applied Surfaces for Green Building Products to be specified in projects applying for LEED Certification.
DFB is a NYC Manufacturer converting its entire product line to environmentally friendly raw materials.